Saturday, August 11, 2007

Cow-chips in your Brownies

There are a few democrats and a few Lindsey Graham supporters who will use this line, but he has been conservative on 90 % of the issues. I heard this very sentiment from a caller while listening to WORD Radio in Greenville. Are you going to remove someone who has agreed with your positions 90% of the time? Well let me give you an analogy:

Go with me for a moment to my kitchen. I am going to make you some delicious chocolate chip walnut brownies. I pull the recipe book down and take a couple of minutes to read its instructions.

I find my stainless steel mixing bowl, get the proper amount of flour, eggs, oil, butter, chocolate chips and fresh cracked walnuts. Following the recipe I mix the flour and the oil, followed by adding the eggs, a little salt and soda. I have preheated the oven and my glass pan is buttered and flour ready for the batter to be completed. I add the chips and the walnuts and mix thoroughly. It is at this point that I look at the recipe and it calls for 1 cup of Hershey’s cocoa. I walk to the dining room buffet and open the bottom door. I remove a 1 lb glad bag that is ¾ full of a fine ground lightly brown powder. It is not coca but rather what those raised in the country would call, cow-pies, or cow-chips. Fertilizer of the most natural origin. It has been chopped and is now a close replica to the coca I could find in the kitchen cabinet.

How much of the cow-chip mixture will you allow to be put in and use in this recipe before you consider the brownies wasted and worthless? A cup, 3 or 4 tablespoons full ? How much cow-chip do you want in your brownies?

I have over 90% of the ingredients right. I am correct on most of the important things. But a significant ingredient, a major piece of this recipe has been substituted. Now I am sure by this time you can see the point in what I am saying, Lindsey can be conservative some of the time, Lindsey can be conservative most of the time. In fact he has said he is conservative as long as he can be. But 90% conservative is not conservative. Amnesty for illegal immigrants is a significant issue. Lindsey’s lack of willingness to hear our voices, his swift identification of those of us wanting to secure the border first as ‘bigots’ and telling us to ‘shut-up’. His champion role of the gang of 14, his failure to support reasonable measure of strengthening the US Visit law, voting against Senator DeMints amendment to reform earmarks, voting against requiring minimal protection of health insurance, for those who would have received amnesty, so taxpayers would not have to foot the bill. All of these failures are like a bag of finely ground cow-pie.

Amnesty is like putting cow-chips in our brownies. He is almost conservative.

I am not looking for an almost conservative to represent me, I am looking for a consistent conservative and that is my pledge. When elected to replace Lindsey Graham, I will be a consistent conservative representing the people of South Carolina. Join me in the effort, donate to the cause and make your voice heard loud and clear.

Cow-chips in our brownies? No thank you.

No comments: